V-Twin Forum banner

Auto Cancel Turn signal problem

14K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  RustyG 
#1 · (Edited)
The auto cancel feature of the turn signals has stopped working on my 2002 Road King Classic. Everything else seems to work properly.

The signals do not turn off after a turn like they used to do.

Anyone care to elaborate as to where the problem is. On my V-ROd it points to the HFSM as being bad. Don't know enough about the RK's electrical to hazard a guess.

#5 ·
I agree. Check your speed sensor. You may have to clean the magnetized pieces of metal stuck to it. It is accessible on top of the tranny on Softails. I assume it's probably similar on a RK. About $60 or so to replace if necessary.

#10 ·
Have you ever seen it move erratically from zero to 120? When that happens it will sometime quit all together, and then go back to normal operation. I would again suggest you remove the speedo sensor, wipe it clean of metallic filings and reinstall it. You may get some more life out of it. I had to replace mine about 5 y/o on my 2002 Deuce.

#8 · (Edited)
@gree:

(unless of course the wire or connection is bad to the TSSM. I think the wire was orange\white on mine.)

Albeit we didn't hear if the blinker fluid was dino or synthetic. You know synthetic blinker fluid is too slippery. ;)

and if you have the security feature, it may be an expensive fix... Myself I never liked\trusted the auto turn off so I disconnected the speed sensor and turn them off manually.

rkc

#12 ·
Have no other problems. Just the automatic cancel does not work. I will clean out the speed sensor though as a precaution and see what happens.
Manual says the auto cancel happens after a 45° turn or 20 seconds at constant speed. The 20 seconds part works. The 45° turn does not. Even tried a 45° lean but no luck. Sounds to me that the BAS (Bank Angle Sensor) is not working or is stuck.

#14 ·
i had the same problem. put on a new h-d tsm, cost me around 150.00. worked for about a week. i also did the speed sensor cleaning , until that quit working. replaced the sensor and that fixed my problem. got my sensor from jireh cycles for around 35.00 and about 10.00 to ship

#15 ·
I think I will take the tssm off and drop it on the ground a few times. Maybe that will loosen things up. Hate to buy a new one. Pain in the Azz to replace a tssm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.