V-Twin Forum banner

The official Carolinas thread

88K views 648 replies 96 participants last post by  captainhook455 
#1 ·
I just looked outside and noticed how great it was outside today. Definate riding weather! If I only had my bike back from it's winter make-over. Well I was actualy forced to do so. My front fender got caught by the top lip of a ramp and it was bent up pretty bad. Anyhoo...

I hope i didn't step on any toes by making this thread. I just thought it would be nice to have a centralized location for us NC/SC people. A good place to chat on the happenings here in our area.

Im located in Matthews NC and once my ride is back at my doorstep.. I'm always up for a ride. I hope others in this area find this thread usefull.

#411 ·
Yes, and I'm thinking just not seated properly at the coil.

I've had new plug wires that had a crack in the insulation before too. When it would rain, the water would get into the crack and cause the same issue.

Either way, I'd start there because it is obviously tied to water. Simple things first.

#416 · (Edited)
Me and my crappy running old EVO will take you on any day clown boy *(unless it's raining)* . Maybe we could make a run to see who buys dinner for our next meet. :Banadance

That's Robin Egg Blue. :spank:
I was thinkin' about that weird guy that came out with the Robin Egg thing today. He was pretty serious about that too. I am really glad he didn't have his bike pointed at me when he hit the start button. :redrolf:

Luvs, that's a great pic of your bike in the last post. It really compliments your orange shirt!
Orange shirt!:roflback::roflback: Wait, I thought that was his uncle. :redrolf:

#413 ·
That's Robin Egg Blue. :spank:

Now, go change your face paint and put on a new filter while you're at it! :hystria:

#415 ·
Luvs, that's a great pic of your bike in the last post. It really compliments your orange shirt!

#417 ·
Hey luvs, just wanted to let you know I thought about you today.

We are selecting finishes for the wood millwork in our current courthouse project. I thought about you when we started reviewing stain samples. :xhere:

Hey! Thanks, I'll be here all week. ;)

#418 ·
Hey luvs, just wanted to let you know I thought about you today.

We are selecting finishes for the wood millwork in our current courthouse project. I thought about you when we started reviewing stain samples. :xhere:

Hey! Thanks, I'll be here all week. ;)
:hystria::redrolf::hystria::redrolf: That's funny $h!t

#423 ·
I may have seen him, but he was coming up behind Luvs with that silly grin on his face! :ymca:

#425 ·
The biggest problem is that I haven't been riding it enough lately.

I have a new turn signal switch that has been sitting in my garage for a week and a half. Maybe this weekend I will get that replaced.

The popping thing hasn't been an issue because I haven't ridden in any wet weather since that weekend. I need to lift the tank to check the connections and boots at the coil and with removing chrome crap and such, that will be a 3 beer job (ok, I may be exaggerating but I do hate dumping gas when I have to take the crossover hose off). Hopefully I'll get some time this weekend to do both.

My guess is that D is probably right, I just need to get in there and check it out.

You (and anyone else) up for meeting up for food and beverage one October weekend? :beer:

I'm pretty goal oriented so if I have a deadline to work for, I may be more inclined to get wrenches in hand.

#433 · (Edited)
Well, at the moment, it looks like next weekend will be good weather (no rain so I can ride).

How about Saturday? We could meet up here

http://www.stationsinn.com/index-a.html

If we don't like that one, this one is across the street from it

http://freebornes.com/FBN/index.html

What do you think?

I'm open for other suggestions.

**OK, I guess I should have looked more closely before I posted this. It appears that Stations Inn is no longer open, but Freebourne's is still a good option. I haven't been up that way in a while.**

#435 ·
Cool! I'm planning to take the BRP all the way up, so that's about 4 1/2 hours for me. I'm thinking we could meet up between 1 and 2. That work for you med?

What say you Evil Filtered Funny One?

:chopper:

#445 ·
Well I finally got my left turn signal fixed. It turned out to be a one beer job and I got a new heat gun out of the deal.

Now I don't need to make all of those extra right turns. :unsure:

It all started out fine until I decided while I was out there I might as well go ahead and pull the pig tails out for the heated gear. The seats came off, I grabbed the pig tails and laid them out, put the seat back on. It's a Corbin solo saddle which is a PITA with the 2 back bolts that never line up. I managed to get the first nut on with the first try. No way! That never happens. Went to put the second one on and the bolt immediately fell down and right through the fender. Crap! just turned into a 2 beer and shot of whiskey event. :mad:!drunk!

All back together now. I'll deal with the tank lifting another time, that issue doesn't seem critical right now. I'm probably upgrading the ignition soon anyway.

#447 ·
Well, as usual, a good time was had by all. Turned out to be G Man and his wife, and my bud John and I. The ride was cool on the way there Saturday, around the low 60's. Sunday morning started out perfect but the clouds moved in cooling it down.

While there, I rented a luxury camper for the night. It was amazing! I couldn't believe it was only $45.00!

Attachments

#450 ·
The weekend turned out to be a blast, even after my stupid antics on the ride up there. Ok D, sorry I gave you so much sh!t for being directionally challenged last month.

Luvs, glad you posted your pics. I thought I saw you trying to take a picture of the lights, but the way you were standing, I wasn't sure if it was the lights you were shooting or just sending John a picture of your willy.

Bob, it's Larkspur dammit!

BTW, I posted some of the BRP pics in another thread.

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/riding-stories-adventures-travels/215767-leaf-lookin-brp.html

Oh, and here is one I forgot to post over there.

Clicky

#451 ·
Larkspur...........ahhhh................yeah, right............I know..........Larkspur......^rolleyez^

that's why I knew you'd want to return the lights cause they make it look baby blue and everybody knows you wouldn't be caught dead on a baby blue bike.............:whistle:

#464 ·
Hey Bob,

Don't feel bad. I've been absent from the threads for a couple of weeks on a hunting trip and nobody noticed.

Peckerheads! :redrolf::hystria:

#468 · (Edited)

Maybe if you went on a finding trip instead of hunting, it wouldn't take 2 weeks. :hystria:

Sometimes you just have to look in the right place. I can't believe nobody said anything about the dead deer on the roof in one of those pics I posted here clicky

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.