V-Twin Forum banner

Victory-HD

42K views 148 replies 45 participants last post by  Tiwodogis 
#1 ·
I'm a new guy here and I'm not trying to start bashing of any sort, but I have read several threads where people have said goodbye to HD and went to Victory, and vice versa.
I want to know for those of you that made the jump, how many went back to and why.
Thanks, Willy

#2 · (Edited)
I see where some guys have switched from blondes to brunettes and vice versa... I wonder how many made the jump, how many switched back, and why?

Some think blondes are dumb. My grandson says all girls are stupid and he knows everything now that he's 10.

Personally, my wives get younger and blonder as I go through them. This third one is blond and she may end up sticking it out... I don't miss the 2nd one, who was brunette, but I'd like to have the money it cost me to be shed of her.

#3 ·
I see where some guys have switched from blondes to brunettes and vice versa... I wonder how many made the jump, how many switched back, and why?

Some think blonds are dumb. My grandson says all girls are stupid and he knows everything now that he's 10.

Personally, my wives get younger and blonder as I go through them. This third one is blond and she may end up sticking it out... I don't miss the 2nd one, who was brunette, but I'd like to have the money it cost me to be shed of her.
truely funny:hystria: I must be lucky I have 27 years with A REDHEAD :woohoo: and I have gone from a honda to a harley :hystria:

#6 ·
I know of at least one guy that switched to a Vic from HD, he was really happy with Vic. Now he is back to HD. I was hoping there would be at least a few people that would step up and explain why they went back to their original ride.
Thats why I am putting this up on a forum for both brands.
I am curious why they switched back, if it was for reliability reasons, bad experience, ribbing from your riding buddies, etc.

Thanks for the welcome, Webco.

#7 ·
Bought a Victory Cross Country Oct 31st ( New Left Over 2012 ) 1700 Miles on it Now and Loving it .. Traded my 09 Ultra in with almost 70,000 miles worth.. had problems with the Ultra, Most of them after 60K Not getting any younger so thought would give Victory a try .. Like any Ride has it drawbacks .. But for now anyway is beating the Ultra in almost everything except Fit and Finish .. That HD rules on .. Not saying won't go back to HD only time will decide that.. But if I do it will not be a TBW Bike Losing your TBW passing a semi doing 80 MPH is an experience I will only encounter once .. As far as the FXR4 goes that stays with me forever a shame they still don't build them that way ..

#8 ·
I had a 2007 Electra Glide and went to a 2009 Victory Kingpin. Liked the acceleration and ease of maintenance of the bike. Long hauls just weren't comfortable and the intake knocking sound after putting the S&S intake on was migraine inducing betwee 2200-2700 rpm. Went back to a new 2010 Electra Glide only to have the crank go out at 17000 miles. So that is it for me and Harley. Not sure what will be my next move as the comfort and engine sound on long haul rides with a HD can't be beat. However they have become too troublesome for me to put up with anymore.

#9 ·
I own a few HDs with my newest a 2008 FXSTC with a stage one, beautiful bike no issues at all, runs really good.

2 years ago I purchased a 2011 Victory Jackpot, man talk about a mean machine, this bike is a true road rocket IMHO and walks away from all Harleys I ride with ease.

Bottom line , is I like my older Harleys, I have test ridden the 103s and found they were sluggish especially the road glide. I do not really care for the new HDs

I am going to get a Cross Country next summer, I like the way I sit right in the saddle ( the road glide feels more like it was designed for somebody 5'6" tp 5'10" I am 6' 1" and like the XC much better.

I like the CVOs baggers but NOT the price tags.

I enjoy taking my Jackpot out all the time and it gets amazingly good reception

However depreciation is bad on the Victorys to date, but that may change in time, but I doubt it People still want a Harley

I give new Harleys a 7 and the new Victorys a 8, price wise they are the same new.

#10 · (Edited)
Victory's are nice bikes. You Must not ride with any V-Rods. If you did, you would get a good look at their tail light. There is a lot of Harley bashing on the Victory Form, but very little Victory bashing here.
Over there it is what a pos a Harley is and how much better Vivtory is. If you tell your self something enough, you will believe it is true. Half Crazy is treated very well here. He gives his opinions here, and is accepted. Say any thing good about Harley on the Vic Form and they want hang you. Nothing positive about Harley could be true. Half Crazy can talk about Harley with out calling it a P.O.S. It is always Victory + Harley-. I guess when you are #2 you will always take a shot at #1 Harley may not appeal to all, but it will always be there. Ride what you enjoy, don't worry about what others ride. a very
Happy New Years to all

#11 ·
Hello XLCH No I did not mention a Vrod because truthfully I never ever see one on the road. What are their sales numbers anyway ?

Not sure where your rant is coming from, the OP asked a question and I answered it as I own both brands. MY preference is also ride what you want.

But Vrods????? Man they are fugly!!!!! When I sit on one it seems like an old 350 Kaw with the worst rake in the world, by the way there are NO Vrods at any of the 7 HD dealers I have visited in the last few months.

But between you and I, i would run up against a Vrod with my Jackpot anyday. You should test drive a Victory cruiser , you might change your narrow mind.

Still got the 66?:whistle:

#12 ·
Owning both Bikes I get a lot more grief mentioning Victory in a Harley Forum than I do mentioning my Harley in a Victory Forum at least so far anyway .. Not sure about the Vrod beating a Kingpin or Jackpot .. Wouldn't mind watching it though .. :)

#13 ·
I don't really see any bashing of really any motorcycles on this forum. I would believe that v-twin types are preferred, but still no real bashing. We do all seem to like to see a good Sportbike crash video, or squid fail compilation videos but we don''t really bash them. We do state the obvious, like saying they are dumbasses for their stupid actions, but not really anything about the bike. It's like if you go to the smith and wesson forum, they don't really bash on glock much, but will point how big a piece of human excrement the guy how shoots someone with one is, outside of self defense.
Heck, I've even been a dumbass before. Hard to imagine I know, but it has happened.

#22 · (Edited)
I don't really see any bashing of really any motorcycles on this forum.
OK... If you say so...

I say riding a victory is only a tiny bit less shameless than riding a Japanese piece of junk. Not even in the same class as HD.

At least it's American but it looks like a suki or yahmy. So this is one company I wouldn't mind moving there operations to another country so they don't embarrass us with the made in America tag.
Victory Motorcycles is owned by Polaris Industries which is a 55 year old American company doing 1.8 billion dollars a year in sales. They actually do build some parts in Mexico for their ATVs, but the on-road division does R&D in Wyoming, MN and builds bikes in Spirit Lake, IA. If they moved manufacturing overseas a lot of Americans would lose their jobs... I guess that would be OK as long as it saves you some embarrassment.

#14 ·
Motorcycles are pretty much toys. I like them all. We each have our own criteria for choosing our toys. No one is 'wrong'.

If I could afford it, I'd have several motorcycles, lots of different brands, types, and styles... each chosen for different reasons and purposes.

#15 ·
I have ridden Harley Davidson's since 1977 and I like the bikes. I rode a Victory at Sturgis and came away surprised how much I enjoyed riding the Cross Country. It handled better, stopped better, and was faster then my Road King. I will always own a Harley Davidson as I have an 85 FXRS that I have owned since it was new and it will never be sold. When the time comes it will be handed down to my Son, but I will ride a Victory again along with a new Harley if I get the urge to get a new touring bike. Harley has been sitting on their hands a bit and I believe has let Victory come along and give us a choice of another very good American made motorcycle.

#16 ·
Curious to see what Polaris does with Indian as well .. But for now Quite happy with the Victory Especially after do the Cam Job was surprised just what Stage 1 added to it Power Wise ..

#17 ·
Hello from Redcar England.
Good thread,so you are spoiled for choice. Test ride both bikes then check out the resale prices of both bikes and go from there. Go where your heart takes you. I would go with victory over *** bike. IMO the Harley is a moden ish take on an old design with all its querks and the Victory is a modern v twin design. Have fun only you can choose.
tbone

#33 ·
Remember that H-D is built with mostly imported parts, it's only assembled in the US. Just like the factories that put out Toyota trucks in the US, assembled in the US with imported parts.

#29 · (Edited)
Poser bike , a Harley wanna be but not even good at it. They're just bikes for guys 2 cheap to buy a Harley. And obviously you don't get the Joke bout being embarrassed to have an made in USA tag on those things. Don't take it so literal about the jobs crap bro, as I'm pretty sure my joke caused no action.

And why start a victory vs HD threads if you didn't want to hear an opinion about victory vs HD. So my answer is no comparison they're are just a tiny bit less lame than metric. If its not a Harley then it's just an imitation

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#48 ·
Just curious Brett, the common theme in every one of your posts is bashing everything that is not Harley, yet you proclaim you have never owned or ridden anything else. If so, what good is your opinion?

Wow, this thread went right down the sh!tter. Once the immature/insecure come out, it's over. Hush now, the grown ups are talking.
Brett has that aura about him. I think you'll see more of it.

But who's been out of business for ever. Must have been a big difference. Look you don't say Chevy imitates ford. Because they both defined themselves back in the day. And there is nothing defining about a victory. Look there's a whole culture that we have because of Harley Davidson. They are iconic brand. They definitely stood out against any motorcycle co. And made it thru the depression. Indians are cool because there old and have nostalgia but they don't hold a candle to a Harley. I'm sorry you don't get the difference.

"Getting the difference" has nothing to do with the OP's question. The guy asked a simple question of a specific group of people. I'm sorry that you don't understand that you are not in that group and have nothing of value to offer. You've used that "it's just a joke" line in every thread I've seen you post in this week. I thought you were here to get and share some useful info. Do you have ANYTHING worthwhile to offer?

I know it's not cool to laugh at your own joke but that head light and the bank vacuum is busting me up. Suck your balls clean off the roots.

I think you we're the only one who understood what you said. :confused:

#37 ·
But who's been out of business for ever. Must have been a big difference. Look you don't say Chevy imitates ford. Because they both defined themselves back in the day. And there is nothing defining about a victory. Look there's a whole culture that we have because of Harley Davidson. They are iconic brand. They definitely stood out against any motorcycle co. And made it thru the depression. Indians are cool because there old and have nostalgia but they don't hold a candle to a Harley. I'm sorry you don't get the difference.

#38 ·
And triumph that's a different story. I respect them. I think they're alright. They've sort of done there own thing all along. They have that cool classy British thing going for them. The Brits I can't say are ever guilty of imitating. They have a swagger of there own. But victory Yamaha and the rest of the knock offs there's just not any art or style to what they do. They have no mojo, sorry

#34 ·
Wow, this thread went right down the sh!tter. Once the immature/insecure come out, it's over. Hush now, the grown ups are talking.

#39 ·
The record is skipping, Brett

there is nothing defining about a victory... victory Yamaha and the rest of the knock offs there's just not any art or style to what they do
Yeah, what Harley was this copied from again?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.