V-Twin Forum banner

AntiGravity batteries

9K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  bugman53 
#1 ·
Does anyone discount these batteries. The one that is recommended for my bike is $469.00. Yikes !

#5 ·
Thanks for the link, but that is the 20 cell. I will give them a call. AntiGravity's website recommends the 24 cell, which lists for $469.00

#7 ·
Good question. ??

#8 ·
I would suspect they add some kind of circuitry in the case to make compatible the charging system and to prevent overcharge since improperly charging a lithium can make bad things happen. Can't for the life of me see a manufacturer taking the risk of not doing something like this.

#12 ·
Look carefully at the cell count in the battery (i.e. the series count,
not the total cell count) and calculate the required charge voltage...
Does it come close to what the stock regulator is set for and is it
compatible with the ECU (i.e. will the ECU report over/under
voltage all the time)? And, if the battery is chronically undercharged
(as a result of the regulator setpoint being too low for the battery)
you won't see the CCA you are looking for...

#9 ·
Not sure why they would recommend a 720cca battery either.

#11 ·
I hear you, but a standard battery is having a hard time firing up my 124. I would rather have reserve cranking power than not enough. Get's pretty embarrassing, when your hot rod bike won't start well.

#14 ·
What are those? Kidding. Yes, I do have compression releases.

#16 · (Edited)
I'm guessing you have a hi torque starter. Would you be able to have the starters amp draw tested when cranking? I know most auto parts places would test a vehicle for free. Autozone comes to mind.

Then you would know what kinda actual amp draw your looking at. See if it's in range with the starters manufactures value. Not a starters windings heating up and going bad. Then go by the battery CCA you need.

#17 ·
Hey Rob!

Find any more info on this yet? Just got back from Vegas and havent ridden in 2.5 weeks(no tender) and my battery was too weak to wake the monster..lol...

I know Dave tried a Ballistic when they first came out to Drag Specialties and he sent it back.

#18 · (Edited)
Oh, There you are. Haven't seen you around lately. I spoke to Eric at Antigravity on Monday. I ordered one of their 720 CCA batteries. I hope to have it by Friday. I will give some feedback. He gave me a good discount, so I figured what the hell, I spent over $400.00 for a freakin' LED headlamp bulb. Why stop now?

#21 · (Edited)
Update. I installed the 720 cca battery and made up my own set of one gauge cables. I also replaced my tired starter drive, and made some modifications to my starting tables, with help from Stroker and Rbabos. The bike starts great when hot now, and actually better than when it's cold. These batteries need to be woken up a little. I turn on my headlight for a minute or so, before cold starts now. The bike is also more nimble in the handling dept., thanks to the 14# weight loss.

#24 · (Edited)
It is 720 CCA, and it doesn't come cheap! $$$ Oh, and sorry about that Dan.:harhar:

#25 · (Edited)
Did not read all the posts.... New to forum... I am thinking of a Lithium battery myself. Let me know what you did and if you had an answer for the charging issue. That is a question of mine also.

#27 ·
I am now running a 20 cell Antigravity on my 11.6cr 124. Spins fast with no issues

#28 · (Edited)
I've had an antigravity battery on my bike for six months. Have a lithium charger also. Have used the charger twice. The engine starts at the first hit of the button. Have the one with 600 CCA. Pricey = Yes. Worth it = He__ yes!! Light weight, smaller size, major improvement.

#29 ·
Thanks 110 that is exactly what I wanted to hear!!!

#30 ·
They are based on A123 cells. You can buy the cells for 8-10 bucks each, you can build your own 20 cell for around 200 bucks. you will have to get creative with a housing though. These are the same batteries as in dewalt lithium ion battery pack you could get a few 12 volt packs and wire them in parallel....LOL I have seen it work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.