V-Twin Forum banner

Vance & Hines Hi-Output mufflers

15K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  markmgm 
#1 ·
I heard these mufflers on a new CVO last week. Real deep tone. Can I put these on a 103 with just stage 1 mods? I've heard conflicting information on these mufflers affecting low end performance. I like the sound but not willing to lose torque. My second choice would be Rinehart 4".
I have the Jackpot 2-1-2 head pipe and fuel moto air cleaner and pwer vision tuner.

#2 · (Edited)
My first choice were the Rinehart 4".After hearing them and other pipes at the dealer I went with the Vance and Hines dresser duals, monster rounds, TTS race tuner and Stage 1.
Sounds excellent and bumped up the power a little, about 10-15 fbs of torque and 10 hp. The V&H have more of a deep rumble and louder than the Rineharts. You will have to tune it to get the most out of it and for it to run properly. 2012 Street Glide-103"

#6 ·
V@H mufflers

I have had the Monster ovals= and they are mellow sound did a great job on the TQ and worked well on 103 stage 2 with 255 cam,
CFR racing mufflers= horrible stumble and loss of TQ and power, never got off the Dyno
V@H power dual head pipe with Monster ovals= better power and tq still mild rumble
V@H High output mufflers with power dual= also did the 103 stage 4 with this set up, first tuned with stock head pipe and monster ovals then high outputs, HO made more power and TQ across the board Next change head pipe to power dual and 7 hp more on first pull, then changed to high outputs and 3 more HP
so they work very well on bigger motor or should i say bigger heads and cams etc.
My friend did a SE 110 Road glide and used the Monster rounds, just a little smaller baffle but look the same he has Power duals and 259 cam set up and it works very well, I spoke with Joe from V@H at length about this and he said HO mufflers for bigger engines with big cam etc, monster rounds more for what you have
By the way they sound the same, so I would use monster rounds on your set up

#8 ·
I got a V+H Pro Pipe High Output 2-1 set up, the bigger pipe did rob my low end tq just a bit but certainly made it up in HP on a built 95 that you see in my sig. I still have that pipe on for the 120R and it seems to do quite well with the larger displacement motor. I cant tell you about just the mufflers. BUT the ones with the complete 2-1 pro pipe system, then most definatly that set up does rob power on the lower end on smaller motors. Its just too big for anything less than a built 103.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.