V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Harley-Davidson CVO Softail Convertible Review
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums
New User? Register Forgot Password

View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Admin
V-TwinForum

Admin wants to know Dino or Syn?
2012 Harley-Davidson CVO Softail Convertible Review

I've befriended many Harley owners over the years, and have met even more while at various events or when I'm out for a ride. Yet despite the number of Harley fans and loyalists I encounter, it never ceases to surprise me how few of them either know very little about, or haven't ever heard of, Harley-Davidson's line of in-house customs known as Custom Vehicle Operations, or CVO for short.

Crafted from existing standard model Harleys, a CVO is adorned with a laundry list of Harley's own aftermarket goodies, as well as possessing a number of items or features unique to each model.

CVOs are notably pricier than the standard models they're derived from, but by comparison to many high-end, high-priced cruisers from independent shops with low-volume production, the CVOs offer some serious value. Attempting to build something close to a CVO one piece at a time would lead to a sum total cost well beyond a CVO's MSRP.

And in terms of value, what revs most folks' engines is getting more than what was bargained for, especially when the deal nets you something on the order of two-for-one. The $29,699 Harley-Davidson CVO Softail Convertible is just such a two-for-one deal.

More: 2012 Harley-Davidson CVO Softail Convertible Review on Motorcycle.com
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote