V-Twin Forum banner

license plate Bracket

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Rumbles 
#1 ·
Has anyone found a chrome license plate bracket for a 2003 dyna wide glide???

#3 ·
If you just want to get rid of the plastic around the edges you can trim it off with a dremel tool. That's what I did. Looks good...all you can see is the license plate frame, no plastic except on the top of course.

Tony

#7 ·
I've been looking for one also for my WideGlide, going through all the catalogs. Seems like all I can find are brackets for the pre 2002 bikes with the narrower bobtail fenders, or pre 99s. If there is one that actually fits a late model Wide Glide, I'd sure like to know more about is.

#9 ·
I got tired of trying to find a nice looking license plate bracket for my wide glide and went with a side mount license plate instead. Kuryakyn just came out with one for dynas for only $100. Before that I trimmed the plastic off the stock bracket. If you take the plate off when you trim it you can also trim the top piece of plastic and drill new holes to hold the plate, then you only see plate and taillight.

#11 ·
Rumbles,
The Wide Glide has a bobtail rear fender that is unique to that bike. The regular laydown brackets don't work on wide glides' fenders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.