V-Twin Forum banner

What to do to My 07 Street Glide

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  milan64 
#1 ·
Fellow Street Glider's - I am in need of some advise.
Here is what I currently have 2007 Street Glide with Rinehart true duels, SE breather kit, Power Commander III.

1. I cant find is the right map for the PCIII for this setup.
2. The bike runs really sweet but I would like to do more.

What I am thinking about is this:

Advise on a 103 SE kit with or without heads (not sure which heads are the best anyway).
Advise on what are the best heads to put on the bike SE etc.
Advice on - I stand 6 1" and the standard seat is a pain - so I an thinking of a single HD Brawler seat.
Advise on 15" apes - Do they affect handling? I like the 15” Z bars but I am not sure if they will work for me.

Like all of you I am tired of spending money to find out that it was a waist of time, so any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Milan - Canberra Australia.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hey there!

Basically you need to find a good builder and tuner and send your heads and jugs out for upgrades. Don't just bore the cylinders without doing any head work, do both at the same time. The Harley 103 or 110 kits will not give you nearly as much bang for your buck.

So basically what I'm saying is, don't waste your money on cylinders and heads from H-D, have a good and reputable builder upgrade what you have.

Good luck
MM

#3 ·
I would call up Axtell, get an order in for their 107" kit, send them your cylinders / heads and they will exchange them for 107" bored cylinders and street prepped heads. I'd pair that with whatever cam they recommend for your bagger, perhaps the Woods 555 or the Andrews 54. Then I'd get an SEST or TTS and have it broke in on the dyno with a competent tuner at the helm.

I'd upgrade the clutch using an AIM VPC as well.

#4 ·
Then I'd get an SEST or TTS and have it broke in on the dyno with a competent tuner at the helm.
There are several excellent tuners on the market, among them the PCIII, PCV, TTS, and SEST. But if you already have one of these installed it makes little sense to buy another when all you need to do is perform a dyno tune. All the OP requires is a dyno-tune and a human tuner competent with PC's, or a good canned map for his bike, not another tuning device.

#6 ·
Did 15" Apes. Love em. Handle great, look cool, and are real comfortable. I am 6'3" and ride a Danny Gray Big Seat.

#7 ·
What to do to my )& SG

Hey Sparky,

Love what you have done with you bike nice work, if I can ask a few questions; because I am in Australia it is hard to get some people to send parts down under, can you please advise where you got the bars from (what are they called) and did they supply the extended lines? if not can you advise what lengh the lines are so if I get a set of bars I can get the right lengh cables.

I have had a few issues with wind in the face a cruising speed, I recently bought a Brawler seat and Klock Werks 6.5 Screen and I am waiting for them to arrive, so Im hoping that that will fix my issues with wind.

Cheers and ride safe

Milan

#8 ·
If you are on a budget, bolt in cams are a great mod. They will bump the compression and add noticable torque without having to pull the heads and juggs. I am a big fan of apes, at your height you will be much more comfortable.

#9 ·
Hey Kwizard,

I have been thinking the same thing about the apes, it's just what size do I get, I have been looking at 14" to 16", it is starting to become a little bit confusing, im not sure if 2" will make a difference or not, I like the z bars but can't seem to find who sells them as a kit with all the cables.

Many thanks for your advice I think that the cams will be a definate option, as well as the apes all I have to do is get the right ones.

Cheers

Milan

#11 ·
Hey Born2Ride,

I get what your saying, I have been looking for a while & have noticed Hill Country Cycles - I have looked at the packages - they are pretty good with price, I have been quoted up to $550 for shipping of $150 bars. I just recently purchased a brawler seat and Klock Werks 6.5 screen, so I am waiting on them to arrive before I look at bars, I need to make sure that everything works together or I will end up like you said 2-3 sets of bars and a lot of waisted money.

What I do like is the Fred Kodlin / Santee Z bars, It's a bit hard for us in Australia everytime we find something that we like the price is great but the shipping is crap. But I will give the boys at Hill Country a call and see what they can do for me.

I have noticed that a lot of SG riders have the 15" apes, is there much difference between the 13" and the 15"?

Cheers

Milan

#12 ·
Milan,
Most everyone I know that has done Apes wishes they went a little taller. I wish I went with 12" instead of the 10's. 16" is the Classic "fists in the wind" size. I would go with at least 14's. One consideration on models with the fairing is the mirror location. Try not to get a size that causes obstruction with the rear view mirrors.

#13 ·
What to do to my 07 SG

Hey Kwizard,

I know what you are saying, I installed T-Bars on my Fatboy and could not see past my elbows, so I have been looking at all the possibilities, my issue is that I like the Fred Kodlin Z bars in 15", but the prices that I have been quoted for shipping are crazy.

I believe that with the new seat and screen that the 15" will be perfect - see Sparky VBVMC's ride - very cool. As soon as I get the new parts I will post a updated picture. All I need to do is find someone that can do me the right deal and I will buy parts from them, at the moment everyone wants their pond of flesh, I wont be paying $550 for shipping for a set of $200 bars.

I am a patient man, so I will wait to get the right thing for the right price.

Cheers

Milan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.