V-Twin Forum banner

Harley's new cnc port heads

6K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  torqueinc 
#1 ·
On the 3 of sept. I got hit from behind on the bike, so the bike is in the shop. So with the left over Ins. money I want to try a new cam and heads. The bike is a 2010 flhtk and has the se254 cam in it now, just ordered the HQ -tc-575 cam . Haved used their cams in the past and like them. Has anyone used the new hd cnc port heads or seen them. They take up to a .585 lift and stock size valves, and do not have screamin eagle cast on them. So what do you think good or bad. Thanks

#2 ·
not good, there much much are better from independant shops

#4 ·
I know but money is tight and they list for 800. dollars and would like to get some riding in before the year is out. Then over the winter the stock heads would be looking at me and saying send me too HQ or Hillside or T-man.

#6 ·
actually if your staying stock 96 ci and compression. the 254's are better suited then the hq 575's. those heads are stock chambers,so no compression gain. your heads will accept a 585 lift cam now. they do look pretty nice. but not near what you could get from a hand port.
you got a tuner that can tune the 575's they need attention to timing. the pipe is going to play into this as well.

#10 ·
those heads are stock cced so more like 10.1 but that is enought to run the 575's sounds like a good tuner. and decent exhaust .
so carry on:beer:

#9 ·
I saw the heads and looked them over when out at Sturgis this year, very basic port job, the edge of the combustion chamber has about a quarter inch taper around it. They are ported here in WI in Markesan at Wegner Automotive. Carl Wegner knew how to make power and did engine work for the Allisons. His son Casey now does the cnc work for the MoCo not to mention a ton of performance automotive stuff.
From just looking at them they don't seem that impressive but I wouldn't discount anything these guys do without trying it first.

#12 ·
If you take a pill the madness will grow worse.

If you do not take a pill the madness will grow worse.

That's all I got.

#17 ·
Got to see them myself, they have beehive valve springs and are already machined for acr, on the se web site they say you have to get them machined, guess they changed their minds. They look good but how much air they move I dont know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.