V-Twin Forum banner

True Duels

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  cata5803 
#1 ·
I have a 2002 Ultra. I have been thinking of buying a true duel header set. Are there any advantages of purchasing this or any problems they could cause.

#3 ·
Are you asking what is the difference between your stock exhaust (presumably dual crossover in an ultra) and an aftermarket non-crossover dual (true dual) exhaust?
A crossover improves exhaust flow and torque at low and mid rpms.
However aftermarket dual pipes will flow better, so overall you might lose some low end torque but gain high-rpm horsepower. Backpressure can be improved by using quiet baffles or extra baffling which will improve the low end torque.

#4 ·
#6 ·
claydbal speaks the truth. With stock or lightly modified motors, it is a looks and sound thing. And I got a little bit more vibration due to unequal length pipes giving me 2 different tq curves and AFR lines. But I sure like the sound. And they are expensive too, unless you go with something like Fulsac, which works nicely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.