V-Twin Forum banner

evo engine noise

21K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Quellic2u 
#1 ·
I have an 883 sporty . I have what I think is exccesive engine noise that increases when the engine warms up. I suspect the lifters. The bike has 8,000 miles on it. I ve tried heavier engine oil but no change. I would hate to have to change them and find no difference after. I was told evo sporties always sing but with hydralic lifters it should be as quiet as a church mouse.

#17 ·
The more you know about Harleys the less you will like them and the more you will love them
I agree with Dan 100%.
A Harley is what it is. Why would Harley make an engine that performed as it should right out of the factory? Think of all the billions of dollars they make in after the sale, performance modifications and parts. We are the willing victims of the machine lol

#21 ·
I have a '07 1200 Custom, I have the same thing. Engine gets good and warm and the valve chatter is very audible. 11k on it and has done it the entire time I've owned it. Gets REALLY nasty when she wants an oil change. I changed it over to Mobil 1 Synthetic 5k ago and its not quite as bad but still there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.