V-Twin Forum banner

Yamaha Road Star

22K views 54 replies 20 participants last post by  cike 
#1 ·
Any Roadie riders out there???

#27 ·
RG50 said:
I can tell you that after ridng a Roadstar for a few years and then switching to a Road Glide ,there is a world of difference.The and comfort and handling of the Road Glide are superior.Of course you pay a lot more for this difference
That Road Glide is an absolute beaut! Shoot, if I could get one for 19K OTD w/Stage 1 I'd be all over it :beer4u: They're just too much $$$ for my poor ass (unless I can talk my OL into buying me one)!

#29 ·
DeucesRWild said:
Sh*t yeah that counts! You paint it yourself? Pics?
No, it's the factory paint. Although I have painted a few cars in my time, I think the bike paint is best left to the experts, and that ain't me.

I can't post pics - probably 'cause I'm not a contributing member. :duh?:

It's a neat bike. First order of business was to remove that water heater they call a muffler and put on a Roadhouse slip-on. Put a little shorty windshield on it - more like an overgrown flyscreen.

#30 ·
Sounds like a winner! Those bikes are nice, and i see very few with the stock pipe on it! Mybe you can post a link, if you have pics on another site. I'm not sure what the policy is on that! I was going to try it now, but the site where my pics are hosted seems to be down. I'll try tomorrow! Maybe you can give it a shot!

#32 ·
Damn, that is one good looking Star! Wish I could post a pic! Mine is a 2006 Midnight. Here are some of the changes, so it will give you an idea. The site I post pics on has the gallery section down, but I hope to put the link here soon!

http://nopork.com/mybike_detail_view.asp?name=bowtie18

Yahama Tear Drop mirrors
Yamaha Master Cylinder Cap
Yamaha Leather Grips
Yamaha Tag Frame and Backing Plate
Yamaha Short sissy bar.
Yamaha Ignition switch bezel
Yamaha Chrome Shift Linkage
Yamaha Fat T Drag Style bars
Looney Custom USMC seat
Chrome Lower Belt Guard
Kuryakan Brake pedal cover
Kuryakan Shift pedal cover
Barons Big Air Kit
Vance and Hines Long Shots HS

#35 ·
Thanks Smoky! Just some bolt ons, compared to yours, but she's mine!! Got here a year ago yesterday, and they'll be some more changes to come!

#36 ·
Bowtie18 said:
Thanks Smoky! Just some bolt ons, compared to yours, but she's mine!! Got here a year ago yesterday, and they'll be some more changes to come!

I love the Midnight Roadstar, even standard it is just so right. I mean you could just bolt on a set of pipes do nothing else and it would still look fantastic. I've a lot of money invested in my bike, but if i was ever to sell it I'd buy a Midnight Star, my only change would be to remove the badges for a cleaner look and pipes too... then maybe another 250 back end, drop the suspension, one off seat..lol...i've been here already!!

#37 ·
I've debated taking off the badges. I took the ones off the side covers, and removed the Yammy sticker on the rear fender, but I kind of like the tank badges! If I ever decide to paint it, I would take them off. Seems a shame to paint her, though, she looks so goooooooood in black!! Plus you get the Midnight Star speedometer! Time will tell!

#43 ·
Glad to see some posts pop back on here! I ust ordered the new Kury Brake-stop-turn module! Can't wait for this weather to break! It gonna hit 40 here on Saturday! That will be a day of riding! Thank God!:thumbsup:

#44 ·
I'm waiting for my seat to come back from meancitycycles.com

That guy will re-form bike seats and add that memory foam. Mine needed te once-over. I don't know why the manufacturers can't make a more comfortable seat. Well, those aftermarket guys need jobs too I guess :hmmm:

#45 ·
Good to see a few RS riders running around this place!

I keep flirting with buying a new, different bike. But everytime I jump on the ol' roady and putt down the street, those thoughts simply evaporate! Guess my favorite mount is the one that's paid for...roadie seems to be a good fit for now.. ;)

#48 ·
LOL, yeah my Roady's gone for now, but I still miss it. You know it's always the 'times' you miss when thinking back in the day of the early-mid 2000's. Here we are sitting on the crest of the 2010's and still riding. Good times are the best cerebral scrapbook.

You guys ridin' new ones must be on easy street with that fuel injection; I know I was when I went FI with the FLTR.

Road* riders keep postin' and boastin'! They remain a great bike for the vtwin inclined.

Yep, just bringing up old subjects during my short stay here at an internet forum... ride safe...awl of ya's.

#46 ·
DeucesRWild said:
Good to see a few RS riders running around this place!

I keep flirting with buying a new, different bike. But everytime I jump on the ol' roady and putt down the street, those thoughts simply evaporate! Guess my favorite mount is the one that's paid for...roadie seems to be a good fit for now.. ;)

Agreed. When I buy another ride, it will be a touring rig. I don't see any big advantage to buying another bike of this style! It does everything I need it too!!

#47 ·
My brother in law (who lives in a warm southern state) got his in March last year to have as a daily commuter. This past weekend he called to tell me it turned over 40K miles.

Totally troublefree - maintenance items only.

Averaging 46mpg.

Wow.

(Considering what he WAS driving, we've calculated that this bike will literally have paid for itself in 3 to 3-1/2 years)

#51 ·
I've had my Road Star Silverado for 6 years and 30,000 miles and love the bike! It's the bike that has gotten a lot of attention over the years at bike shows and been a pleasure to own. I just sold it this past week cause I have too many bikes in the shop and wanted to spend more time customizing my other Star bikes.

Anyway, here are some pics and may the new owner be able to get that grin off his face when he rides before it sets up permantely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.