V-Twin Forum banner

loudest,badest looking pipes out there for a Road King Classic

60K views 22 replies 23 participants last post by  mourillon 
#1 ·
I am not interested in performance pipes. I am interested in sound and looks........ for personal reasons.........give me your best shot at it.

#7 ·
ROADKING WILLIE,
If ya go back through the threads and posts you'll find many of conversations about that very subject and I'll stick with my Thunderheaders for sound and performance and as far as looks go well you can probably get a better looking pipe iam sure. But I have the T-HEADERS 2-1 with the heat shield and left side falsee on my 08 RKC and have always had T-headers on all my bikes, that sound is just hard to beat.
Tj

#8 ·
I second the ThunderHeaders and I'm running them on my RK right now. Gotta wear ear plugs on the long rides, otherwise my ears will ring for the next day. They look good and have a deep loud sound.

The loudest pipes I ever owned were the BUB Jug Huggers that I ran on a SE Fat Boy. Just starting it up at idle would immediately set off the car alarms. WOT, watch out! These pipes were loud and had a bad sound. Not sure if they make em for RK's or not.

#11 ·
I like the Hard Krome T-Rex true duals,fat,equal diameter & LOUD!

#15 ·
Santee xzotic lake pipes.. I personally garuntee you will piss off every neighbor for 2 blocks and loose hearing on long rides. It Kinda sounds like a UH60 Blackhawke Helo....lol my friends call me blue thunder.

#17 ·
Hands down the V&H Big Radius for Touring. I love these pipes because they are traditionally a Softail/Dyna pipe and not normally seen on a Touring bike. Both come out on the right side with neither pipe running under the bags.

To me they look, sound and perform great. I like "different".

#21 · (Edited)
Vance and Hines big radius 2 into 2 NO BAFFLES. I have these on my bike and they sound awesome!! Just stay away from 2 into 1's because in my opinion they sound like CRAP! They may make the most hp, but I will sacrifice a couple ponies for my bike to sound good!!
Very raunchy, loud sound. Makes your engine sound PISSED OFF!!

#22 · (Edited)
I'm late to the party, but here's my contribution:

Bub headers w/Samson fishtail slip-ons - no baffles.

Loud wasn't my intent - I just liked the look of the fishtails, but the true duals with my 95" big bore make 'em ROAR.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.