V-Twin Forum banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews Albums About

• · Registered
    767 Posts
    It sounds like you have most items covered. I assume that the cams were changed long ago, but if a cam started to rotate on the gear it could cause low power and vibrations at certain RPM due to reversion of charge. I would also make sure that the foil shield on the crank sensor wire is intact and grounded on one side. A stray signal generated by electrical interference can cause the CKP signal to be corrupted which would cause the PCM to try to make the right decision based on bad information.

· Registered
    767 Posts
    I dug it out earlier today after I got done with the A/C job I was doing. The part number is 32423-97. Since it is a sealed package I really would rather not open it up.

I got it because I had a 97 injected FLH and I got a deal on the obsolete Stage 2 kit for the 96 FLH. The 96 computer could not be reflashed so the kit came with a computer. I reflashed my original 97 FLH computer and left this one in the package for later if need be. Almost 2 years ago a deer tacked me on a road trip and that bike was totalled.

I know that the Stage 2 Evo ran the red top injectors and I believe that the 99 TC ran the same red top injectors (color code denoted flow rate). The Evo also ran singlefire ignition, as does the TC if I recall. One difference my be the number of teeth on the flywheel for the crank pick up (not sure as to teeth number), also the Evo had a cam sensor with a bank angle sensor included. It may just be a software difference between the two but I am not sure.

· Registered
    0 Posts
    Let me know when you have found the ECM. The ECM number should be 32423-99. I took some pictures of mine today to send you to make sure the one you have is the same as mine. The plug on the top is one long one not two. I posted the photos on a webpage. http://www.grsc.net/motorcycle.htm

· Registered
    0 Posts
    Been having problems for a while. I'm hoping an ECM will fix the problem. I thought at first it was a slipped flywheel because the vibration happened like a light switch. Smooth as can be and then vibration at 1200-1300 RPM and 1900-2500 and nothing I have done to the bike has changed it. Runs like a dream at 65 MPH and above.

· Registered
    767 Posts
    I do still have it, still in the factory sealed wrap. I just have to dig it out. Sounds like you are having a rough time with the bike.

· Registered
    0 Posts
    Is that ECM still available? I have a vibration in my roadking and believe it is the ECM. I have had the crank balanced, new glide-pro system, put a new compensator in it, checked the clutch plates and bearing, checked the stator for a moved magnet and anything else I can think of. The pro's believe something is wrong in the ECM that will allow it to run but not right. I hope you have it.

· Registered
    767 Posts
    I do, It is still sealed in the ioriginal package. I would love to see someone get some use out of it. Make me an offer.

· Registered
    767 Posts
    Hi Icor,

I do still have it, I haven't been out there much, but I am sure I could dig it out. How on earth did you get water down in there?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…