The last story on Harley's big(?) bash. : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Upcoming Events (Local and National/International) > Past Events Archive > 100th Anniversary Birthday Bash
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2003, 09:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

ricky wants to know Dino or Syn?
The last story on Harley's big(?) bash.

Go here and read it all:

http://www.jsonline.com/onwisconsin/...sp?source=tmj4
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2003, 07:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
What did I do now?

Biker Bry wants to know Dino or Syn?
Here is another story from JS Online -

http://www.jsonline.com/onwisconsin/...p03/166457.asp
Old 09-01-2003, 07:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this? DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I waited until the last possible second to find out who was playing at the "party" but when the only announced bands were the same ones that were playing at the NYS fair the same week about three miles from here, i decided to sell my ticket. Elton John..you've gotta be kidding me? They could have gotten bb king or Kenny wayne or BOTH for what the paid Elton and the crowd would have loved every second! Man, who is running things there anyway? The wheels are off HD, time to wake up!
Old 09-01-2003, 07:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
DJW
IronButt

DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this? DJW is reading this now saying WTF is this?
BTW, the one act i would have liked to catch was Jeff Beck at the HOG party, anyone catch it?
Old 09-01-2003, 07:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

dynarider96 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Kenny wayne played at the Club HOG deal on Friday. Pretty good show too.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

hunter57 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Jeff Beck was easily the best act I caught all week during the 100th. BB King is always good, but Jeff stole the show at HOG XX, as Kid Rock did at the Party.

And the people at Harley that scheduled and/or approved Elton John obviously have no freaking biker experience or even a clue of understanding regarding what our culture is all about. As Elton himself said while on stage, "I don't have any motorcycle songs" nor I would guess does he have any idea what it's like to ride a Harley. Extremely bad choice to end what was otherwise a really great week of events. Lot's of very upset people will be talking about this snafu for a long time.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

Bruzer wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thumbs down

Yes I was there at the concert. The whole secrecy thing was a mistake from the start. People only go to the concerts with artists they are interested in. Anytime someone else picks the entertainment for a large crowd there is bound to be disappointment.

- Bruzer

"tempt not a desperate man." -- Willy Shakespeare
Old 09-01-2003, 10:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

baldbeauty wants to know Dino or Syn?
Billy Idol Sucked !!

And I was a huge fan of his in the 80's !!

He came out with some new crap songs like he was trying to make a comeback but people started hauling ass out of the ampitheatre after the 3rd crappy song !!

Then he did " White Wedding" fopr about 2 minutes and went right back to the new crap??

We bailed after that cause he was really rotten !!

http://www.geocities.com/tfenske66030/newtoy.html
Old 09-01-2003, 11:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Georges wants to know Dino or Syn?
Just got back from the party. Couple of things, First an awful lot of new patches and jackets, Best tee shirt said " 15 miles and 15 thousand doesn't make you a biker" Funny moments cell phone rings and all these badasses bikers start looking at their phones happened over and over funny stuff. BEST Roadhouse BAND The Radiators at Rider Ranch. Kenny W at Hog XX was great. Love Monkeys at Hal's were pretty good too. At airport lots of guys flying in full leathers looked like they just got off bike My plane to Denver smelled like a Wilson's Leather Store.
Was disappointed in Sunday concert, I like Elton but like most of the "big names" there, he is passed his prime. Travis isn't my thing Rock and Country??? An amazing 6 days. Only once did I have to drop to the ground and hold on to the grass while the Earth spun.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
FNG :)

cwmoz wants to know Dino or Syn?
We left Sunday morning, mulled it over about staying one more night but after 1 1/2 weeks on the road it was time to head home. The rumors of the Stones playing made it tough as they are the greatest "rock and roll band in the world", but we couldn't bring ourselves to deal with the crowds that we knew would be the worst of the week.

Couple of thoughts...
1. The "mystery" act was a stupid idea, after the rumors of the Stones started it was obvious there would be major dissapointment if they didn't show.

2. How about a little customer appreciation for the 100th? The MoCo and many dealers for some reason fail to realize that they owe their success and are in business because of us. $5 beers at the events for example... give me a *&!%# break.

3. Milwaukee knows how to party, the best times were downtown at the street parties, we only spent one day at summerfest and could have done without it. People go to rallies to party and shop the vendors, neither were at the summerfest grounds.

4. Milwaukeeans are great, cruising into to town with all the people lining the overpasses and frontage roads cheering and waving flags was one of those special times that made me proud to be an AMERICAN.

I could go on but you get the picture.
Later,
Moz
Old 09-02-2003, 09:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

The prices of beer, soda & food at the events were nutz. At state fair grounds one vendor would be charging $3 for a 20oz soda & right next to them someone else was charging $2. Either way its a ripoff, you could leave the fairgrounds & cross the street & get a 2 liter for 89cents.

Its bad enough that the price gouging has become so invasive at events like Daytona & Sturgis, do we have to have it here as well? If folks would just start saying NO & boycott these vendors that charge these prices they would be forced to bring them down.

Lots of new riders on 2003 bikes. Saw quite a few almost hit curbs, dragging their feet across intersections, cutting other bikes off, etc. I am glad to see the majority of them leave town. I am actually suprised with the number of horrible riders who were here that we didnt have more accidents & or deaths. We had 1 fatality the whole time & unfortunately it was a 10yr old boy. Riding with his dad when they ran into the back of a stopped taxi, they both were thrown off & even tho the boy was wearing a helmet it came off. Obviously it was either not attached properly or was the wrong size. That father is going to have a massive amount of guilt on him for the rest of his life...I feel sorry for him.
Old 09-02-2003, 05:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
IronButt

Phat03 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Even tho prices were high, and the mystery bands sucked, I still had a great time because of the people of Milwaukee and the crowd. I was with the thousands that hit the gate when Tim McGraw took the stage. Elton John? Gimme a friggin break!
Billy Idol rocked! He played some new stuff but apologized for it. The new songs gave me a chance to sit down and rest my achin dogs.

baldbeauty...you bailed too early...he played all his old hits.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
IronButt

TNRoadGlide wants to know Dino or Syn?
Hey don't get down on the 2003 bikes. I'm an old rider on a new bike, but like you I did notice alot of people who couldn't ride worth a crap in Sturgis. Maybe they made it over to Milwaukee in the intervening three weeks!! I guess so many people don't get enough practice riding their bikes towing them in their trucks and all...I'll bet they can load and unload a bike in a truck or trailer much better than me so I guess it all evens out until one of the foot draggers hits me in the ass or something. Lots of people need ot go and find a parking lot and practice some low speed maneuvers but that is another lecture..LOL!! Glad you got to go, I blew my was on Sturgis this yr....
John
Old 09-02-2003, 09:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
IronButt

Nothing wrong with 2003 bikes if the folks would just learn to ride em.

Thye come here & put on their cute little billy badass biker costume & act all tough for a week, but cant ride for ****. Wear out 3 pair of new engineer boots dragging their damn feet for 2 blocks.
Old 09-03-2003, 12:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
FNG :)

liv2ryd wants to know Dino or Syn?
When we were riding towards Milwaukee on I-43 and people were on the overpasses waving at us, my wife got goosebumps and I had tears welling in my eyes - I was amazed. Not having attended the 90th or 95th, I wasn't ready for that. WOW. Overall, had a great time in Mil. - despite the Sunday night "lineup". What a beautiful state Wisconsin is, too.

And, oh yea, we ride our '03s. I rode the same RK that I had ridden 1,000 miles in 20 hours the weekend before we left Denver for Milwaukee!

Couldn't believe a trailer with "Milwaukee or Bust" sign taped on the door. Yea, like you're taking a friggin Conestaga wagon over the prairie with wild Indians and outlaws chasin' ya, right? Gimme a break. Ride through 100 degree temps with 60% humidity all the way through Nebraska then tell me about bust, OK! But it did cool down the next day in Iowa - 95!
Advertisement